Chipped windscreens don’t always need to be replaced as they can often be repaired using a chemical resin cured by ultra violet light – Auto Screen will always try to repair a chipped windscreen before replacing it, saving you both time and money*. Call our FREEPHONE number to book an appointment with one of our technicians.
To ensure a good repair:
- The process begins with the technician positioning the chamber over the centre of the chip.
- Air is then pumped out to create a vacuum in the chamber and in the chip.
- Resin is then pumped in under pressure to fill the void.
- The pressure forces resin through the chip and any small cracks (must be less than 13mm in total).
- The resin is then cured by exposing it to a special frequency ultra violet light.
- The repaired screen should then have 100% of it’s structural integrity restored.
*If you are fully comprehensively insured then its usually free.